This cozy two bedroom house is the perfect Santa Barbara getaway. Located on the beautiful Santa Barbara Riviera, it boasts clear views of the ocean and downtown. Enjoy the view and sunsets from the rear deck while relaxing in the hot tub.
This inviting two bedroom house on Santa Barbara's riviera is the perfect paradise retreat. The large rear deck has ocean and city views and is perfect for sunbathing, outdoor dining or just relaxing in the hot tub.
The interior is very warm and inviting with it's wood floors, comfortable furnishings, fireplace and cozy beds. The outdoor living space is what makes this house exceptional with it's great views of downtown Santa Barbara and the ocean.
A very functional and well stocked kitchen is perfect for cooking and entertaining while the outdoor grill and deck furniture make for great outdoor dining experiences.
The house comfortably sleeps 4 in the two bedrooms each which has a very comfortable pillow top queen bed. The bed in the master bedroom is also toped with a feather bed. Additional people can be accommodated in a pinch on the floor of the living room with the use of an Aero-bed that is available for your use.
There are many high-tech features with a built-in sound system throughout the house and the deck with individual room volume controls which you can connect to from your iPod, computer or using AirPlay or by plugging in directly. A surround sound home theater exists with BlueRay DVD as well as Cable TV and Apple TV with Netflix, Pandora and other services as well. This is all connected to a 46" LED TV added new in 2014.
This is a dog-friendly house that has a secure deck area as well as a fully fenced back yard.
Please note that the rate on Airbnb already includes the 12% city hotel tax and $2/room/night tourism tax that I have to pay. If you are comparing this to my listing on other sites where the tax is added after the fact, the final total price comes out the same.
Disponible para huéspedes
As a guest you will have access to everything in the house plus exclusive use of the deck and the hot tub. There are also laundry facilities in the house.
Atención a los huéspedes
I live on the property in the lower unit below the house with my beagle Dudley who loves to play with visiting dogs and people if desired. He is good with children too. I am easy going and will remain rather invisible to your stay unless you need me for something. You have total privacy in the house and the deck and hot tub are for your exclusive use. There is no shared space nor are there connecting doors between the units.
Otros aspectos destacables
PLEASE NOTE: As of Jan 1, 2017, due to changes in city regulations, this house may only be rented for periods of 31 days or longer. If you would like more information these regulations or would like to discuss the conditions under which this house may be rented, please inquire directly through this site.
We want you to make yourself at home and enjoy your stay. Here are a few things to know about the house to make your stay easier and more enjoyable.
• Keep the front and side doors locked when you are away.
• Smoking is not allowed in the house. You are welcome to smoke outdoors. Please use an ashtray and dispose of all cigarette butts and ashes in the outside trash. Please respect quiet hours on the deck.
• Out of respect for the neighbors, hot tub use and conversations on the rear deck are not allowed after 10:00PM on weeknights and midnight on weekends. We have this agreement with the neighbors because of the close proximity of the houses. They have young children and wake up early for work on weekdays. Failure to comply with this rule may result in forfeiture of your deposit.
• Dogs may be permitted with advance arrangements. No cats please.
• You are welcome to do laundry. Please only use ‘high efficiency’ (with the symbol ‘h-e’) soap otherwise it will oversuds. Laundry soap is provided for your convenience in the cupboard above the washer.
• The sheets on the beds are clean.
• Extra sheets and towels are in the cabinet in the hallway next to the bedrooms.
• Feel free to use the hot tub. It is heated to 103º. Please rinse off and change suits before using the tub if coming from the beach otherwise sand will collect at the bottom of the tub. Also please refrain from hot-tub use and loud conversations on the deck after 10:00PM on weeknights and midnight on weekends out of respect for the neighbors.
• You are welcome to park one car off-street in the brick area where the gravel is. Please pull far enough forward that I can park in the main part of the driveway.
• The house is equipped with speakers in every room and on the deck. Please feel free to use it and enjoy music on the deck, but please be respectful of the neighbors and refrain from using the deck speakers past 10:00PM. Be SURE to turn the deck speakers off after use otherwise you may unknowingly later broadcast whatever you are watching on TV out to the deck. Beware!
• Feel free to use the fireplace. There is wood downstairs in the basement.
• Please keep the screen in front of the fireplace.
• Wireless Internet is available. For the record - don't use the Internet for illegal activity. Duh.
• Check out time is 11:00AM
• Please either wash your dishes, or start the dishwasher prior to leaving (see dishwasher instructions above)
• Please start a load of wash with the bed sheets & pillowcases only prior to leaving so at least that is under way. You can leave everything else alone as we will do the rest when we clean.
I am a Santa Barbara native who loves cooking, wine, music, friends and outdoor activities. I have worked in the software industry for 20 years and currently own a pickle company based in Santa Barbara. I live now with my fiancee and we have two dogs - a beagle named Dudley and a chihuahua=terrier named Loki.