Your hideout in the City! Cozy, large garden apartment with exposed brick, comfortable amenities and a fun vibe. Completely private and a perfect, no-nonsense place to relax after enjoying the city and the electric Logan Square / Bucktown area.
Private, modern studio garden apartment in Logan Square. Features and amenities include:
- 650 square feet (60 m²)
- Minutes from the CTA Blue Line and ample nightlife
- Well-lit modern interior with modest natural light, cool exposed brick
- Large modern bathroom with large shower, sink, toilet and vanity
- Galley kitchen with microwave, fridge, gas oven / range, electric hot water kettle, coffee maker and kitchen basics (plates, cups, knives, forks and basic pots and pans & utensils)
- Queen size bed that sleeps two (medium firm mattress)
- Convertible futon / sofa bed that sleeps two, extra bedding provided
- Central heating and air conditioning along with a space heater for extra warmth in the wintertime
- Air purifier
- Free laundry
- Free on-street parking nearby
- Well-lit private entrance
- Basic furnishings (desk, two small sofas, dresser, closets, table, folding chairs, kitchen and bath essentials, coffee maker, small ironing board, bathroom vanity, clean towels, extra blankets, sleeping bag, hair dryer)
- 42" LCD TV equipped with Amazon Fire
- Housekeeping available for extended stays
- Across from park with playground
Disponible para huéspedes
A keybox system allows you come and go as you please and does not require us to physically meet you in order to gain entry. Arrival anytime after our posted check in time is fine by us! See house rules for more details.
Atención a los huéspedes
The apartment is completely private and is intended to be your private home in the city during your stay. Feel free to use the outdoor patios, lawns and laundry room.
We currently live offsite but are always available by phone and email in case of emergencies or if you have general questions. Dylan, who lives on the second floor, keeps close watch of the place.
For your convenience, we’ve left restaurant menus for you to review. There’s also a guidebook about the apartment that should answer most of your questions—but please ask if there’s anything you need to know! We are not overbearing hosts, but we’d love to help with restaurant and bar recommendations, ideas about what to see and do while you’re here, or any general questions that you have about your stay.
Welcome—and have a great stay!
Otros aspectos destacables
- Please make sure you review the house rules before you decide to book the apartment
**DBA From Bad to Weerts, LLC**
Número de licencia o registro
Obtén más información sobre este número
Welcome! We hope you have a pleasant stay in our home.
***Please make sure you review the guidebook where we have left detailed notes on the best places in the neighborhood. We tried to focus on places that we can personally vouch for as well as places located within a 5-20 minute walk. Also please review the house guide located on the coffee table.***
Please note check in and check out times:
Important stuff you’ll need to know:
1) My friends Ellen and JD will be helping throughout your stay. Their complete contact info (as well as mine) is located in the house guide on the coffee table. Do not hesitate to call, text or email any of us if you run into problems or need advice with the neighborhood.
2) ACCESS. The apartment is equipped with a key box so we don't need to be around to let you in. One set of keys will be provided. We will send you a detailed welcome message with the physical keybox code shortly before your stay.
3) Our friend Sandy helps us take care of the place, so you may bump into her. Please introduce yourselves and let her know you are a guest if you happen to see her.
4) We get frequent requests from guests to check in early or leave their luggage at the property before check in or after check out. Please do not be disappointed if we cannot accommodate your requests. In the event we have back to back bookings we need to observe the posted check in / check out times in order to ensure the apartment is set up for the next guest. If you would like to discuss the possibility of leaving you luggage at the property before or after check in, please contact JD or Ellen directly.
5) Please note that we have a medium firm mattress that you will probably not like if you are used to a very soft bed. People overwhelmingly like the bed. But we want to make sure your stay is as restful as possible.
The major rules:
1) Smoking / vaping is NOT ALLOWED INDOORS. You can smoke or vape anywhere outside including the gangway, the front lawn or the back patio. Controlled substances of any form are ABSOLUTELY NEVER ALLOWED IN THE APARTMENT AT ANY TIME.
2) Total overnight guests exceeding the number requested in the initial reservation are not permitted unless approved in advance. This includes infants and small children.
3) No pets except small lap dogs with prior approval.
4) Please help yourself to anything in the kitchen, fridge and freezer.
5) In general please keep and leave the place as you found it. Please leave the place tidy upon departure, please throw the sheets and dirty towels in the wash bin in the bathroom, and also please take out the trash and recycling if you have more than a few things in the trash. The trash bins are located in the parking area behind the house. We want you to have a great stay, so we try as hard as we can to keep the apartment tidy and fresh. If you feel there are any issues with cleanliness please let us know and we will quickly have it remedied. You will not hurt our feelings, unless of course you call us names :). Our goal is for you to be 100% happy with your stay.
The apartment is a garden level apartment in a vintage Chicago brownstone that was built in 1895. The apartment is half above ground and half basement. The space is funky and cool, but it comes with a few small compromises, so there are a few things you need to understand:
1) The ceilings are low—so if you are very tall be prepared to do some ducking! It’s only a minor problem for people 6 foot (1.8m) tall or less.
2) The windows are ground level and surrounded by landscaping, so you may see the occasional spider or friendly (and harmless) house centipede, especially when the seasons change. If you are arachnophobic, this is not your spot. We have a professional service perform monthly pest control in the apartment.
3) If you are a light sleeper and / or in ANY way easily bothered by noise we DO NOT recommend you stay in this apartment. The original floors do creak upstairs and you may hear activity when people come in and out of the house. You also might hear some noise from the upstairs apartment. There is a dog who lives with the upstairs tenants and he doesn't make much noise but you can definitely hear his activity. It is nothing out of the ordinary for an old apartment, and we recommend you read our reviews on this subject. If you are bothered please let us know, as our goal is for you to be 100% satisfied with your stay.
4) The exposed brick walls can make the house chilly in the winter but make it very cool and pleasant in the summer. We also have an extra heater should you become chilly.
5) You might hear a noise come from the fridge every now and then. It's very mild but sounds a little weird (like a soft groan) and sometimes people don't know where it's coming from. Don’t panic. That means it’s working!
***DBA From Bad to Weerts, LLC***